MFGRC Updating Event, Meeting Calendar Due to Canine Influenza Outbreak

With the outbreak of canine influenza a concern in Florida, the Mid-Florida Golden Retriever Club is updating its event and meeting calendar for the next few months.

The Obedience and Rally Trial that was to be held in Daytona Beach Aug. 12-13, along with a general meeting on Aug. 12, has been canceled.

The CCA and heart-eye clinic, canceled on June 3, will now not be rescheduled. The club is looking into holding the event in 2018.

With the cancellation of DOCOF over Labor Day weekend, the club’s general meeting that was scheduled for Sunday, September 3, at the event has also been canceled.

The club also is planning to schedule a dock diving fun day and general meeting and is monitoring the canine influenza situation accordingly.

The MFGRC officers and board regret any inconvenience this may cause, but feel it is in the best interest of our canine family members and the club to announce these changes.

The club’s agility trial (Oct. 20-21-22, with a general meeting on Oct. 21), hunt test (Dec. 8-9-10) and specialty (Dec. 15) are still on schedule.  

MFGRC Cancels Obedience Trial

Due to concerns about the canine influenza outbreak in Florida, the officers and board of the Mid-Florida Golden Retriever Club have made the decision to cancel the Obedience and Rally Trial that had been scheduled for Aug. 12-13 in Daytona Beach.

Any exhibitor who has entered the trial and would like their entry check returned can contact trial secretary Adrienne Swanick by 6 p.m. ET on Friday, June 16, at aswanick (at) Otherwise all entry checks will be shredded. .

The MFGRC looks forward to next year’s Obedience and Rally Trial that will be held Aug. 11-12, 2018, at the Obedience Club of Daytona in Daytona Beach. The judges for next year’s trial will be Katheryn Griner, Jeffrey Kern and Carol Mett.

Thank you for your interest in the MFGRC Obedience and Rally Trial.

CCA Canceled for June 3rd, 2017


Many of you have seen the emails and Facebook posts about the Canine Influenza (H3N2) outbreak at the recent Perry and Deland All Breed dog shows. This is a very serious virus and if not diagnosed or treated correctly could lead to severe pneumonia.

Since the concern is with the health and wellbeing of our dogs we our cancelling this event. The MFGRC officers and board will discuss a reschedule date and announce it after this situation is under control. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

The checks for your entries will be destroyed unless you request them to be sent back to you. Please contact Connie Adams ( if you would like your Heart and/or Eye Clinic check returned and Robin Bowen ( if you would like your CCA check returned.

MFGRC Officers and Board