The Mid-Florida Golden Retriever Club will be holding a grooming and health seminar and a general meeting for members on Sunday, July 15, beginning at 11 a.m. at Das Hund Haus in Lakeland.
Many members have asked for a grooming seminar and it could be a great learning experience, especially for newer dog owners and club members. And even veteran members can benefit from both the grooming and health seminars. The day is FREE for club members.
Members are asked to RSVP if they plan to attend so that the meeting location can be properly prepared. RSVPs should go to email@example.com.
Club member Rosa Blair, who is a certified master groomer, will be giving a detailed demonstration of techniques for grooming Goldens. Her presentation will cover basic fundamentals of grooming a Golden Retriever and she will give an update on show grooming of a Golden Retriever based on the GRCA’s recommendations.
Also, club member Dr. Pam Ginn, who has been associated with the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Florida for more than 25 years, will talk about conditions affecting Golden Retrievers that can hopefully be avoided or managed, including:
- Ichthyosis- what is it exactly and how to avoid the condition.
- Pyotraumatic Dermatitis – the dreaded hot spot.
- Hip Dysplasia – A good visual of the condition and the importance of clearances for breeders and buyers.
- Ginn also will take questions.
A general meeting will follow the two presentations.
- Members should bring their own chairs.
- The grooming presentation is demonstration only and not participatory. Members can bring their dogs but they must also bring a crate and vaccination records.
- Members can bring lunch if they wish.
Das Hund Haus is located at 3210 Reynolds Road, Lakeland, FL 33803.